Monday, March 14, 2016

Loving Yourself 101: Why I chose Celibacy

I chose to give up sex after my last relationship. In the beginning it was because I figured my ex was coming back at least that's what we discussed that we still had a future and I had no desire to give my body or my love to anyone else. Yes I talk of my ex quite often but that is the struggle I had to deal with so I will bring it up. I waited because what I thought we had was worth waiting for. That was until I discovered my ex wasn't waiting and it broke me completely. I had to come to realization of life you never wait for anyone! If that person is the one for you then GOD will make you two cross paths again when he is ready. So why did I continue to wait? Why has it been over a year since I last had sex? Its simply because: I wanted more, more from God more from life, and I never planned to have more than one sex partner in life anyway. My body is my temple and I cant just let anyone enter it. Allowing anyone around me in my broken state would have been the wrong thing to do. I wasn't up for that feeling of emptiness after sex with someone I wasn't in love with, or saw no future with. At first I asked myself should I go buy a necklace, bracelet, or a ring. To me it all sounded cliché my goal wasn't to be like everyone else it was to be the best version of me. It took me a while but I chose a ring. A ring because in a marriage a ring represents the unbreakable bond between husband and wife. I wanted a bond as well, one that said I'd rather wait on God instead, love that I know exist but can only flourish when two signs are aligned by god. I have no idea when God will bring me my mate, but I do know he knows my heart and that my goal is to do his work first and everything else will fall in order. Where I am in life is scary I'm single for the first time but I am also thankful that I am free of STD's and I will stay that way. I am not perfect by far I never will be, but I want more for me and from the next partner God gives me in life. Celibacy is about respecting myself and God so much that no fleshly desire will ever take me from my path again.

No comments:

Post a Comment