Friday, April 8, 2016

Loving Yourself 101: Forgiveness

I must admit that I have been very angry and very hurt in these past couple of years. More hurt because none of what was happening in my life seemed fair to me. I kept asking "What did I do so wrong for this?.  I had believed in words..? How could I believe in that with no action and it simply because I wanted it to be true I wanted the dream that was being promised the future that I was being told we had. Those words were my oxygen they were my driving force to fight for a relationship that I believed in no matter how much the punches kept coming. However, I had to come to terms with the fact that those very blows to my heart were of my very own. I knew better actions are everything! Consistency is everything!  I have to constantly remind myself that the heart that loves me will stop at nothing to keep me. It doesn't need to weigh options or run from me because it knows I will take care of it just as I would like it to take care of me. It wont hold grudges or make the choice to stop fighting to make it work with me. People make mistakes I mean we are human but its what is done after the mistake is realized that really matters. I just wonder why as women do we take so much from someone we love? At what point does the value of what we think they contribute to our lives trump the value we know we have or contribute to them. We deserve to never wonder where they are, we deserve the best treatment because we do it from them. There is no other way and for some reason we think it is we willingly take less. We carry so much anger because we believed in them, but now its time to believe in ourselves believe what you have to offer is what you rightly deserve to be offered back. Forgive yourself for the person you allowed yourself to be when you were with them. You are no longer that person your stronger your wiser and you know God would never forsake you. Forgive them because it no longer matters what dreams you had with them if they didn't have them with you. Forgive them because God would have it no other way. I know we sometimes carry the hope that they will change one day and it's possible they will but it doesn't mean it will be for you.  We have all prayed that prayer for a better outcome than this? The person that's for you that God sent will love you more than you can even imagine right now. It was once said to me that if you think that was love just imagine how amazing it will feel when its the love God has sent for you. If you just take the time to love you forgive you and allow God to mold you into who you were always meant to be. God will give you someone who will weather any storm with you. After all God made Eve from Adams rib! That unconditional love you have inside of you that thought of what love is to you is real it does exist! You hurt so bad because you love unconditionally and that is perfectly fine as long as it's with the right one! The bible says that he who finds a wife finds a good thing. Let him find you and yes it takes time anything worth it should be waited on. You will have moments of sadness you will break down and cry after all any break up that you never anticipated is like a death you mourn it. Just say this "Lord I need you every day every hour I can not do this by myself." He will see you through just trust him.

2 comments:

  1. This was SOOOOOO good to my spirit!!!! I love it!!!! It really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So profound!!! Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete